Home        Our camp      Ancestors         Activities and meetings        Pictures         Newsletter         Links


Membership in the Sons of Confederate Veterans is open to all male descendants of any veteran who served honorably in the Confederate Armed Forces. Membership can be obtained through either lineal or collateral family lines.

The kinship to a veteran must be documented genealogically.

The applicant must be at least 12 years of age or older. You will need your ancestor's name, unit, state of service, and information as to his honorable service: discharged, captured, wounded, or killed. All Southern state archives have microfilm records of the soldiers who fought from that state, and a copy of the information can be obtained for a nominal fee.

Please note that finding someone listed in the Broadfoot Roster with the same name as your ancestor does not constitute proof. You must use accepted standards of genealogical research to demonstrate that the two men are, in fact, the same.

All applicants will need to complete the official Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) membership application from the Sons of Confederate Veterans Heritage of Honor brochure.  For questions contact the Camp Adjutant.